03 May 2022
May 3, 2022, Vancouver, British Columbia. The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum pays special recognition to the many accomplishments, contributions and dedication of CIM’s diverse mining and minerals community.
After two years, guests were finally able to attend the CIM-Caterpillar Awards Gala in person on May 2, coming together to collectively celebrate the achievements from the industry’s most promising professionals and future leaders at the Vancouver Convention Centre. This year’s gala also recognized award winners from the Canadian Mineral Processors Society.
Ben Mulroney, best known for his roles as former co-host of Your Morning and host of Canadian Idol, presented this year’s awards.
The night commenced with a lively performance from Vancouver-based sax artist Karla Sax. Following this, Lumadrome took to the stage to present three custom and dynamic performances consisting of singers, performers, percussionists, LED robots and more.
Please join us in congratulating the CIM and Canadian Mineral Processors Society award recipients for their unwavering commitment to advancing our industry.
A.O. Dufresne Exploration Achievement Award
Distinguished Service Medal
District Distinguished Service Award - Western District
Diversity and Inclusion
J.C. Sproule Northern Exploration Award
John T. Ryan Safety Trophies
- National Coal Category Coalspur Mine (Operations) Ltd, Vista Mine
- National Metal Category Rambler Metals and Mining Canada Ltd. - Ming Mine
- National Metal Category Glencore Nickel - Raglan Mine
- National Select Category Mosaic Potash Belle Plaine, Solution Mine
- Regional Metal BC / Yukon Category Pretivm Resources, Brucejack Mine
- Regional Metal Ontario Nickel Operations, a Glencore Company Nickel Rim South Mine Operation
- Regional Metal Prairie / Territory Tantalum Mining Corp of Canada, Bernic Lake
- Regional Metal Québec / Maritimes Agnico Eagle - Mine Goldex
- Regional Select East Category Rio Tinto Fer et Titane – Mine Tio- Havre-St-Pierre
- Regional Select West K&S Potash Canada GP, Bethune Mine
Julian Boldy Geological Society Service Award
Mel W. Bartley Outstanding Branch Award
CIM Vancouver Branch
Robert Elver Mineral Economics Award
Michael J. Bourassa
Towards Sustainable Mining Award
- Community Engagement De Beers – Gahcho Kué (Ni Hadi Xa project)
- Environmental Excellence Award Copper Mountain – Copper Mountain Mine (electric trolley project)
Vale Medal for Meritorious Contributions to Mining
William E. Roscoe
Bill Moore Award
Ray Macdonald Volunteer Award
Life time Achievement
Mineral Processor of the Year
New CMP Innovation Award