CIM Journal welcomes original papers in English or French. Submissions are assigned to a CIM Technical Society for double-blind peer review. Our authors and audience are international in scope. Topics covered in CIM Journal include geology, mining, processing, maintenance, environmental protection and reclamation, social responsibility, mineral economics, project management, health and safety, risk management, research and development, operations, and regulatory practices and issues. We also publish periodic special-themed issues.
Join forces with some of the brightest minds and share your expertise by submitting a Technical Paper to CIM Journal, or volunteer to be a peer reviewer. Peer reviewers play a key role in maintaining the high quality of our CIM technical publications.
The Submission Process
- Format your manuscript according to the CIM Guide for Authors and Paper Template.
- Download, complete and sign the CIM Copyright Form.
- Go to http://web.cim.org/ebulletin/peer_review_login/index.cfm.
- If you are a first-time author, sign up as an author in the grey box on the right side of the screen. If you are a returning author, go to step 5.
- Log in as an author in the blue box on the left side of the screen. (Forgot your username or password? Contact Janice Burke at email@example.com.)
- Click on "Add New Paper."
- Submit your paper in MS Word format, along with your signed copyright form.
- Receive the review decision in approximately 2 months. Papers may:
- be accepted with minor revisions;
- require revision and re-review; or
- be rejected.