Our Mission Statement
The CIM Porcupine Branch is a not for profit organization that actively engages the local community, strives for excellence, and aims to become the leading mining professional society in Timmins.
- To foster networking, professional development and fraternity
- To recognize excellence and greatness in the community
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge and technology
Timmins was founded in 1912; the community was a "by-product'' of the Porcupine Gold Rush. Situated 680km north of Toronto, the camp attracted men and women eager to find their fortune and carve a name for themselves in ''New Ontario''. Starting in 1907, the area became home to dozens of prospectors who explored the areas around Porcupine Lake and the Frederick House River.