The call for nominations for the 2020 CIM Awards is now open!
Nominations will be accepted until January 25, 2020.
Who can nominate a candidate?
CIM house awards are nominated by and/or awarded to CIM members only, while sponsored awards are open for general nomination. Members of the Awards Judging committee shall not be party to the nomination process.
How do I nominate a candidate?
Each award has its own conditions. Please ensure that the nominee meets the criteria. See the Awards section to find out more about each award and what it takes to submit a complete nomination.
- Click on Nominate a candidate.
- Click on the Award name for which you wish to submit a nomination.
IMPORTANT: In total, 24 awards are up for nomination each year, some with more than one category. Nomination goes as follows:
- 18 awards require an on-line nomination only.
- The Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) & Hatch/CIM Mining & Minerals Project Development Safety Awards entry forms are in PDF format only. Follow the instructions on the forms.
- The John T. Ryan Safety Trophies nomination process is a separate one. For nominations, please contact your local chief mines inspector, or the John T. Ryan secretary Tom Demorest.
- Nominations must be submitted with one or several supporting pieces such as the candidate’s CV, biography, published articles or other required materials.
- Nominations for the Distinguished Lecturers must include a lecture abstract.
- All requirements are clearly listed on each of the nomination pages.