We are now accepting nominations for the 2021 CIM Awards. The deadline for nominations has been extended to 23:59 EST on March 5, 2021.
2021 requirements for nominations have changed: The need for 10 endorsements have been eliminated for all awards making it easier to nominate champions in our industry.
Who can nominate a candidate?
CIM house awards are nominated by and/or awarded to CIM members only, while sponsored awards are open for general nomination. Members of the Awards Judging committee shall not be party to the nomination process.
How do I nominate a candidate?
Each award has its own conditions. Please ensure that the nominee meets the criteria.
- See the Awards section to find out more about each award and what it takes to submit a complete nomination.
- Click on Nominate a candidate.
- Follow the prompts to complete your nomination.
- The Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) Awards entry forms are in MS Word format only. Follow the instructions on the forms.
- The John T. Ryan Safety Trophies nomination process is a separate one. For nominations, please contact your local chief mines inspector, or the John T. Ryan secretary Tom Demorest.
- To submit a nomination for the Hatch-CIM Mining & Minerals Project Development Safety Award, please click here.
- Nominations must be submitted with one or several supporting pieces such as the candidate’s CV, biography, published articles or other required materials.
- Distinguished Lecturers must include a lecture abstract. Nominations for the
- All requirements are clearly listed on each of the nomination pages.