The purpose of the Professional Development (PD) committee is to:
- - Provide direction for lifelong learning and the dissemination of best practices content, which may include guidelines, to support professionals working in the minerals industry.
- - Committee members identify industry education needs, recruit experts to assist the committee’s work on selected topics and recommend and review subject matter that may be developed into technical course offerings and training events for professionals working in the minerals industry.
- - The Committee members promotes the CIM Academy to the general minerals community and ensures liaison between CIM Constituents and staff.
- - They also serve as advisors to Society and technical stream chairs.
- Partnerships: Develop partnership with Societies and District VP’s to identify plans for webinars, seminars, and short courses on an annual basis.
- Volunteers: Have a sustainable pool of volunteers that can assist in planning for meaningful professional development opportunities.
- CIM Academy: Strategically add to the content with active attendance events such as webinars and technical courses with multiple choice exams and certificates being issued to the participant upon successful completion of a course.
- Visibility: The goal is that professionals in the minerals industry will consider CIM PD webinars, seminars, and educational materials among the best offered.
The Professional Development committee consists of a cross section of CIM members representing various CIM constituents including branches and societies. Whenever possible, CIM societies will have representative(s).