The purpose of the Professional Development (PD) committee is to:
- - Provide direction for lifelong learning and the dissemination of best practices content, which may include guidelines, to support professionals working in the minerals industry.
- - Identify industry education needs and recruit experts to assist the committee’s work on selected topics. Experts review and recommend subject matter that may be developed into technical course offerings and training events for professionals working in the minerals industry.
- - Promote the CIM Academy to the general minerals community and ensures liaison between CIM Constituents and staff.
- - Serve as advisors to Society and technical stream chairs.
- Partnerships: Develop partnerships with Society and District VPs to identify plans for webinars, seminars, and short courses on an annual basis.
- Volunteers: Have a sustainable pool of volunteers that can assist in planning for meaningful professional development opportunities.
- CIM Academy: Strategically add to the content with active attendance events such as webinars and technical courses with multiple choice exams and certificates being issued to the participant upon successful completion of a course.
- Visibility: Consider CIM PD webinars, seminars, and educational materials among the best offered by minerals industry professionals.
The Professional Development committee consists of a cross section of CIM members representing various CIM constituents including branches and societies. Whenever possible, CIM societies will have representative(s).