Caving at Johnson's Asbestos Mine
BEFORE going into detail on the subject to be presented, a brief outline of the Company's earl y history would not be out of place. Prospecting and mining on a small scale was started in 1876 on the site of the present open pit at Thetford Mines. The property was purchased from the Crown in 1878 and Johnson's Company was incorporated in 1885. It is owned and operated today by descendants of the original shareholders. Many employees, through their fathers and grandfathers, have service records dating back three generations.
Asbestos, Asbestos Corporation, caving, concrete, open pit, ore, Caving, Concrete, Drifts, Ore, Ores, Rock, Rocks, Shafts