Sprott Inc is a global asset manager. Sprott’s best-in-class investment products include innovative physical bullion trusts, mining ETFs, as well as private equity and debt strategies with over 200,000 global clients and ~CAD$10 billion in assets under management. We also partner with natural resource companies to help meet their capital needs through our merchant banking and resource lending activities. Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in Connecticut, California, London and Vancouver. Sprott Capital Partners Investment Banking division was formed in 2016 to provide advice and capital raising services to natural resources companies. Led by a team of seasoned investment banking professionals with extensive networks of industry contacts, Sprott Capital Partners provides expert counsel to its clients. Sprott Capital Partners is recruiting a full time London-based sell-side mining equity research associate.
Please submit CV and cover letter to Brock Salier at firstname.lastname@example.org with academic transcripts. There is no fixed time-frame for applications, but early submission is encouraged as we are seeking candidates starting between June and September.
- Sell-side mining equity research associate
- Work directly with London-based head of research
- Attend daily meetings with CEOs, and global mining and exploration site visits, across Asia-Pacific, Africa, S America, US and Canada
- Write daily internal news briefings to global team
- Prepare daily equity research notes for external publication
- Prepare longer company initiation and sector notes for external publication
- Build detailed DCF models including integrated financial statements
- Extremely strong undergraduate academics at leading university essential
- Existing permit to live and work in UK (visa sponsorship not available)
- Open to technical and financial candidates
- Technical candidates must demonstrate:
- - Geology or engineering degree from leading university
- - Site experience essential, ideally in emerging market
- - Exploration / geology, mining, or metallurgical experience all suitable
- - Demonstrated desire to work in financial services: MBA, CFA, MSc finance or relevant experience in financial services or management consulting
- - Some knowledge of, and interest in financial statements and financial modelling – training will be provided in the role as required
- Financial candidates must demonstrate:
- - Experience directly in the mining and metals (essential)
- - Strong financial modelling skills
- - 1-4 years’ experience, ideally in investment banking, buy or sell side equity research or management consulting
Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide disability-related accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.