Mining Short Course 101
- Brief description of the mining industry and its principle activities
- Train non-mining professionals who are interested in learning about the mining industry
- The opportunity to share experiences and concerns about mining and its relevance in the Peruvian economy
- Minerals: What is a mineral, its importance, etc.
- Mineral Deposits: Origin, types, common deposits
- Mining Activities: Prospecting, exploration, mining, processing, etc.
- Mining Economy: Commodities, valuation, resources and reserves
Who should attend
- Non-mining professionals who work directly or indirectly in the mining industry, managers, technicians, operators and non-mining specialists
- For professionals who do not work in the mining industry but who are vendors, consultants, contractors, accountants, government officials, community members, etc.
- The general public
Siegfried Arce Helberg, geologist with over 40 years experience in the mining industry. He was project manager of Minera Milpo, president of Golder Associates in Peru, vice president of Rio Alto Mining, president of Via Consulting and a business consultant. Today, he is president of the CIM Peru Branch.
Professionals and public: 180 soles
Students and retired: 90 soles
Cash or cheque payable to iNSTITUTO CANADIENSE DE MINERIA, METALURGIA Y PETROLEO – AMERICA LATINA