Robert Elver Mineral Economics Award
1. The Robert Elver Mineral Economics Award is awarded for significant contribution in the mineral economics field in Canada.
2. The award is to be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. All nominations must be accompanied by a brief description of the meritorious contribution and its value to the mineral economics field in Canada.
5. The CIM Executive Director shall refer all such nominations to the Awards Committee of the Mineral Economics Society, which includes the three immediate Past Chairmen of the Society.
6. The Committee shall present its report and recommendations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. No member of the Awards Committee shall be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the Award in person at the annual CIM Conference & Exhibition following the announcement of the Award, or at such other place and time agreeable to CIM Council.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees must be CIM National Members.