CANMET Technology Transfer Award
1. The Award is to be presented to individuals who have made meritorious and practical contributions to the minerals and metals industries through technology transfer.
2. One Award will be made each year, for technology transfer of benefit to the minerals and metals industries.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM National Members and/or CANMET employees and forwarded to the CANMET Technology Transfer Awards Committee, which in turn will notify the CIM Institute Honours Committee of the winning nomination no later than February 15th of the year of the award presentation.
4. Every nomination shall be accompanied by an authenticated description of the meritorious contribution, with details as to the practical value to the minerals and metals industries of the technology transfer.
5. The winning nomination shall be endorsed by the Institute Honours Committee.
6. The Institute Honours Committee will refer the winning nominations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next Annual General Meeting of the Institute.
7. The members of the Institute Honours Committee shall not be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the award in person during the course of the first Annual General Meeting following the announcement of the award, or at such other time and place as CIM Council may direct.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees should be CIM National Members.