Mining Engineering Outstanding Achievement Award
1. Eligibility is open to mining engineers either as individuals or in a group, who are actively practicing in the discipline. Mining Engineering is to be broadly interpreted and will include both underground and surface mining environments. The Award will be granted to those engineers who have earned the recognition and respect of their peers for outstanding achievement in this area.
2. The Award(s) will be made on an annual basis, without restriction to the number, but subject to the discretion of the Underground Mining Society Executive.
3. Nominations for the Award must be over the signature of not less than ten (10) CIM National Members (in good standing), particularly CIM Branch Members. The nominations will be forwarded through the CIM Executive Director, to the Underground Mining Society Awards Committee for adjudication.
4. The nominations must be accompanied by a brief statement indicating the reasons for the nomination.
5. Adjudication of the award shall be made by the Awards Committee of the Underground Mining Society. This committee will consist of five (5) Members, including the Division Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and two (2) members of the Underground Mining Society selected by the executive. The incumbent Division Chairman will have the authority to designate alternates in the absence of any Members.
6. The Awards Committee will refer the nominations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next Annual General Meeting of the Institute.
7. No member of the Awards Committee shall be a party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. The Award(s) will be presented at the local Branch level, by a Member of the Underground Mining Society Executive or in their absence, by the local Branch Chairman. In addition, the Award(s) will be verbally recognized by the CIM President at the Annual General Meeting Awards Gala.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees should be CIM National Members.