Mel W. Bartley Outstanding Branch Award
1. The award is to be presented to the CIM Branch demonstrating the most effective progress in reaching the aims and objectives of the Institute. Criteria for selection:
- Points for the increase in CIM Branch Membership.
- Points for the increase in CIM National Membership within the Branch.
- Points for the development of special guest speaker programs.
- Points for the utilization of CIM Distinguished Lecturers program.
- Points for the participation in District activities.
- Points for the participation in programs developed and suggested by CIM National Office.
- Points for the development of local Branch activities to meet the needs of the local industry community.
2. The award shall be presented on an annual basis, but no more than one award may be made in any given year.
3. CIM National Office will forward to the Branches an entry form that addresses the "Criteria for Selection." These forms, once completed, must be returned to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. The Selection Committee, chaired by the District 4 Vice-President and consisting of the District Vice-Presidents, shall make its decision not later than March 31, of the year of presentation of the award.
5. The Selection Committee shall present the nominations to CIM Council no later than the last Council Meeting held prior to the next annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
6. When approved, the award shall be presented at the CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination, but the selection criteria must be updated each year for consideration of the nomination by the jury.