Julian Boldy Geological Society Service Award
1. The Award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award shall be made in any given year.
2. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award, who will forward these to the Geological Society Awards Committee.
3. Each nomination is to be accompanied by a statement giving clearly the reasons which, in the opinion of the nominators, make their nominee a suitable candidate for this award.
4. The Geological Society Awards Committee shall make its decision on any nomination not later than February 1st.
5. The Committee shall present its report and recommendations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
6. When approved, the Awards shall be presented at the annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
8. Nominees must be CIM National Members.