J.C. Sproule Northern Exploration Award
1. The J.C. Sproule Northern Exploration Award is to be presented to an individual or a team in recognition of eminent achievement or distinguished contributions to the exploration and development of Canada’s mineral resources in the northern regions. The contribution or achievement to be recognized may be made by innovation, research, project management, education or any form of outstanding personal achievement contributing to the extension or understanding of Canada’s northern mineral resources. The term "northern" is to be interpreted broadly and includes the mid and Arctic regions of Canada.
2. The award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award shall be made in any given year.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. All nominations shall be accompanied by an authenticated description of the personal achievement of the nominee.
5. The CIM Executive Director shall refer all such nominations to the Institute Honours Committee.
6. The Committee shall present its report and recommendations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. No members of the Institute Honours Committee shall be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the award in person during the course of the annual CIM Conference & Exhibition following the announcement of the award.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees should be CIM National Members.