District Distinguished Service Awards
1. The District Distinguished Service Awards are to be presented to Institute Members in each of the three geographical Districts (Western, Central and Eastern) described in the Institute By-Laws, in recognition of significant contribution to the mineral industry and the Institute in the area designated. The said contributions need not necessarily be of a particular or a special achievement, or be related to a technical field of endeavour.
2. The awards are to be available for presentation yearly, or as conditions warrant.
3. Nominations for these awards shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. Endorsements from the Branches' executives and VPs from the three Districts (one nomination by district) are required.
5. All nominations shall be accompanied by a description of the personal achievement of the nominee.
6. The District Awards Committee shall be chaired by the District Vice-President and include four Branch representatives from the District as members.
7. The District Awards Committee shall forward their nominations to CIM Council not later than the last Council Meeting held prior to the next CIM Conference & Exhibition.
8. No member of the District Awards Committee shall be party to the nomination of any candidate.
9. The Award shall be presented at the official District Annual Meeting, or at some especially arranged official ceremony in the District.
10. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
11. Nominees must be CIM Members, but not necessarily CIM National Members.