CIM Presidents' Role Model Medal
1. The award shall be made to a person not more than forty-five years of age, in recognition of his/her attainments in setting an outstanding example to young CIM Members, and to young men and women contemplating a career in the minerals industry.
2. The award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award may be made in any given year.
3. Nominations for the medal should be promoted by the CIM District Vice-Presidents, and shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM National Members, and should be forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. All nominations shall be submitted with complete details of qualifications.
5. The CIM Executive Director shall refer each nomination to the Institute Honours Committee.
6. The Committee’s selection shall be reported to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the CIM Conference & Exhibtion at which the presentation is expected to be made.
7. The members of the Institute Honours Committee shall not be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. The presentation of the medal shall be made at the annual CIM Conference & Exhibition Awards Gala of the Institute by the most senior Past President (length of membership as a Past President) of the Institute present at the dinner.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees must be CIM National Members.
11. Reflection of CIM engagement.