CIM Community Service Award
The CIM Community Service Award may be presented to a CIM National Member who meets the following criteria:
1. Presented to one of the “Unsung Heroes” of the mining industry who has fully given time to several aspects of community service and support.
2. The award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award shall be made in any given year.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Executive Director of the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. Each nomination shall be accompanied by a statement clearly stating the reasons that make the nominee a suitable candidate for the award.
5. The nominations shall be submitted to a committee composed of the six (6) CIM District Vice-Presidents and chaired by the CIM Executive Director for review and selection of the winning candidate.
6. Their recommendation shall be reported to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next annual CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. The members of the committee shall not be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the Medal in person during the course of the annual CIM Conference & Exhibition following the announcement of the award, or at such a time or place as CIM Council may direct.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees must be CIM National Members.