A.O. Dufresne Exploration Achievement Award
The A.O. Dufresne Exploration Achievement Award was instituted and approved by the CIM Council in 1977, in honour of Dr. A.O. Dufresne, a revered Past President of CIM, who provided outstanding service to the mineral industry.
1. The A.O. Dufresne Exploration Achievement Award is presented to an individual or a team in recognition of exceptional achievements or distinguished contributions to mining exploration in Canada. The contribution or achievement to be recognized may be by innovation, research, project management, education, or any form of outstanding personal achievement contributing to the extension or understanding of exploration in the Canadian mining industry. The term "exploration" may be interpreted broadly.
2. The award may be presented from time to time as circumstances warrant, but not more than one award shall be made in any given year.
3. Nominations for the award shall be made over the signatures of at least ten (10) CIM national members and forwarded to the Institute by December 1st of the year prior to the presentation of the award.
4. All nominations shall be accompanied by an authenticated description of the personal achievement of the nominee.
5. Following the last day of January, the Executive Director of the Institute shall refer all such nominations to the Institute Honours Committee.
6. This Committee shall present its report and recommendations to CIM Council not later than the last Council meeting held prior to the next CIM Conference & Exhibition.
7. No members of the Institute Honours Committee shall be party to the nomination of any candidate.
8. When reasonably possible, the recipient shall be expected to receive the Medal in person during CIM Conference & Exhibition following the announcement of the award, or at such a time or place as CIM Council may direct.
9. All nominations properly presented shall remain in good standing for a period of three (3) years unless formally withdrawn over the signatures of a majority of members responsible for the nomination.
10. Nominees should be CIM National Members.