Presented by Dr Will Bawden, and Dr Kathy Kalenchuk, Mine Design Engineering, this course aims to provide mine engineers and ground control personnel with geomechanical tools required for effective ground control management. The course will cover:
- Development and maintenance of a mine geotechnical model
- Rock properties (intact, discontinuities, rock mass classification)
- Geomechanical data collection
- Data interpretation and domain delineation
- Application of the geotechnical model – anticipating ground conditions before you get there.
- Geomechanical design in underground mines
- Empirical and kinematic methods
- Numerical Modelling
- Ground control QA/QC
This course will be of particular benefit to ground control personnel and mine engineers with limited practical experience in underground rock mechanics.
All course participants will be provided with digital and hard copies of the course materials.