13:00-14:00 Sectoral Networking
Canadian and Chinese delegations will network by sector in different areas. Delegation lists will be shared to facilitate specific meeting requests.
14:00-14:15 Opening Ceremony
Addresses from CCBC & CCPIT leadership, government leaders
14:15-15:00 Plenary 1: Strategic Topics
· Canada’s Global Positioning System Project –A new Canadian approach to international affairs in the context of changing global circumstances. Ed Greenspon, former editor, Globe and Mail (invited)
· China’s New Foreign Investment Rules – what they say about China’s development and what they mean for Canadian firms.
15:00-16:00 Plenary 2: Bilateral Technology Innovation and Commercialization
This panel of two Chinese and two Canadian executives will discuss how innovation drives business in both countries. Topics include leveraging, protecting, and extending your IP in Canada or China, and utilizing strategic government policies to maximize business. Panelists:
- David Demers, CEO, Westport Innovations
- Greg Shea, Managing Director, China, Research in Motion
- Chinese panelist 1
- Chinese panelist 2
. Sponsored by Gowlings. Moderator: Jane Clark, Partner, Intellectual Property
16:00-17:00 Plenary 3: Hot Topics: Investment Experience in Key Sectors, from Both Sides
This panel of two Chinese and two Canadian executives will show perspectives on investment in the opposite country in two key sectors. Panelists:
- Chinese Resource Investment – Zhongchuan International Mining.
- Chinese Investment 2 – TBD
- How EDC supports Canadian companies operating in China– Peter Nesbitt, Regional VP, Asia, Export Development Canada
- Canadian panelist 2
Sponsored by Bennett Jones LLP. Moderator: Stephen Bowman, Managing Partner, Toronto
19:00-21:00 Gala Dinner, with keynote speakers