This programme is meant for companies that are willing to develop, innovate and generate added value in their CSR journey. The programme will lay the foundation to understand the concept, approach, methodologies and cases of CSR practices in India.
The Centre for Organization Development was established in 1980, as a non profit registered society, with a key objective of promotion of excellence in management and engaged in research, consultation and training on various aspects of Organization
Target audience: chief executives, CSR managers, NGOs
Issues covered: general CSR, environment, supply chain, corporate governance, strategy, CSR reporting
1.To supplement participant’s basic knowledge of CSR with the competence to apply it to specific activities that they undertake.
2.To recognize the relevant stakeholders for a particular organizational profile thereby facilitating participant’s leadership abilities for building partnerships and creating networks with stakeholders.
3.To develop the ability to design, implement and monitor a CSR programme.
1. Systems approach to CSR: Importance for brand and reputation
2. An overview of International guidelines and standards
3. Stakeholder engagement: principles, steps and practices
4. Business case for CSR: risk assessment and strategies for environment management
5. Monitoring and measuring (impact assessment) CSR programme
6. Reporting and communication on CSR